Welcome to the Southbridge Sentinel!
- (12/03/2007) It's DTQ Little League registration time again! 2008 Spring Registration Information:
DTQ Clubhouse (inside Wall Park)
4450 Waterway DR, Dumfries
Saturday, January 12, 2008 10 AM – 2 PM ($10 Discount)
Saturday, January 19, 2008 10 AM – 2PM
Wednesday, January 30, 2008 6 PM – 9 PM
Late signups will be placed on a wait list.
For more information, go to: DTQ Little League site at Eteamz.Com
- (11/12/2004) Southbridge HOA President Jim Riley has made the following announcement:
Phenita just informed me that KSI just provided us with a signed copy of the agreement on use of the golf course / county club facilities that I previously circulated to you. To refresh your memories, the long and short of it is that Southbridge and Harbor Station residents will both have equal privileges regarding the course and facilities -- same discount on club membership, same discount on daily greens fees, same preferred tee time status, same 30-day preview window time frame to join before membership is offered to the general public.
We are now OFFICIALLY a golf community. Below are two links, one to the Nicklaus site and the other to the Harbor Station page about the golf course and club. We should start promoting these links prominently whenever and wherever we can.
Here is some text that we can use, slightly modified from the Harbor Station web site version:
Southbridge on the Potomac residents will enjoy special privileges at a championship 18-hole Signature course designed by golf legend Jack Nicklaus located in its sister community of Harbor Station. After two years of work, design for the Nicklaus course is complete, with construction expected to begin in late 2004. Partial play will begin in 2006 and the course will be open to full play in 2007. "We will take great care to design a course that takes advantage of this spectacular waterfront location, with its town center and open spaces," said Nicklaus. "This has the potential to be a very special golf course, and one our organization, and most important, the people who play the course, will be proud of in the end."
Here's a link about the hotel and conference center that they just announced for Harbor Station, too. This one actually has some drawings of it. http://www.pwcecondev.org/default.asp?section=5&subsection=16&ID=171&sidebar=off
Also, I just checked out the Lake Manassas web site. They've got some good ideas that we might be able to adapt for our web site. http://www.lakemanassas.com I think that our site still has more to it, but I like the way that they do some things like "Area Highlights," "Gallery," etc. I really like their color scheme and use of photos, too, and hope that we can emulate that on ours.
- The PWYL a non-profit organization for Youth League Lacross is looking for a few 3rd and 4th grade players. No experience required. For more information on this topic please go to their web site at: www.pwyl.org.
- AEROBICS: Classes offered at various times at Dale City Recreation Center, Chinn Aquatics and Fitness Center and Ben Lomond Community Center. Cost: $35-$39 a month or $3-$6 daily admission at Dale City and Chinn; $12-$24 a month at Ben Lomond. Professionally certified instructors. Information: Dale City, 703-670-7112, Ext. 231; Chinn, 703-730-2338; and Ben Lomond, 703-361-7126.
- COACHES: Eastern Prince William Sports Club is accepting applications for coaches. Information: EPWSC, P.O. Box 4294, Woodbridge, Va. 22194, or 703-491-4224.
- COACHES: Pop Warner of Northern Virginia is accepting applications for football and cheerleading coaches, male and female, for all divisions. Must be 18 or older. Will train and certify. Register at Fitness Equation, 2950 Dale Blvd., 6:30-8:30 p.m. Mondays and Tuesdays and 9:30 a.m.-1 p.m. Saturdays. Information: 703-551-0637, 703-590-3632 or e-mail NVPWARNER@aol.com. Web site is www.angelfire.com/VA2/popwarner.
- PUBLIC ICE SKATING: At SkateNation noon-2 p.m. every day; morning and evening times also available. Cost: $5 a session; seniors $4; one child younger than 4 free with paying adult. Information: 703-730-8423.
- PLAYER DEVELOPMENT: MCSA will hold player development clinics at Hellwig Park for all registered MCSA players on Monday nights. Goalkeeping clinics will be held Friday nights. Both clinics are being taught by USSF-licensed instructors. Information: Jim Clark, 703-680-0968.
- Softball COACHES: Eastern Prince William Sports Club is accepting applications for coaches. Information: EPWSC, P.O. Box 4294, Woodbridge, Va. 22194, or 703-491-4224.
- The Manassas bowling program is underway. Information: Tilda Bissonnette, 703-361-2350. The Woodbridge bowling program is underway at AMF Fairlanes in Dale City. Volleyball is underway at the Boys and Girls Club in Dale City; practice 4-6 p.m. Sundays.
- Free aerobics classes are offered at the Dale City Recreation Center for ages 14 and older. The classes are held on the third Wednesday of each month at 10:00 a.m. They are also available at the Chinn Aquatic and Fitness Center on the first Monday of each month at 6:30 p.m. For more info, call at (703) 670-7112 or (703) 791-2338.
- Boxing & Kickboxing classes are offered on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays from 9:00 to 10:00 p.m. at the Chinn Aquatics and Fitness Center. The cost is $50 per month. For more info, call (703) 791-2338.
- Various forms of the martial arts are available at both the Chinn Center and the Dale City Recreation Center. For more info call (703) 670-7112 or (703) 791-2338.
- The Prince William Lassie League is holding registration for the spring season for ages 6 - 18. For more information, call Bill Rutherford at (703) 878-1225.
- The Prince William Senior Softball Association is looking for players who will be 50 by DEC 31, 2000. For more information call Hal Weed at (703) 590-3704 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.