Welcome to the Southbridge Sentinel!
In response to the Southbridge Community Association's letter of March 18, 2003, I have officially submitted my application as a Candidate for the Board of Directors.
My reasons for running are as follows:
- I have a sincere desire to improve the quality of life in Southbridge and the surrounding area.
- I want to improve relations between the residents of Southbridge and its developers. In addition, I promise to work improve Southbridge’s relationship with the leadership of Prince William County
- Most of all, I want to see the vision of Southbridge which the residents bought into be fulfilled as much as possible.
My qualifications that I feel apply to the Board of Directors are as follows:
- I have served as a U.S. Naval Officer, on both active and reserve duty since 1987. In my capacity as a Naval Officer, I have led a variety of organizations, including the Security Department at the Naval Base in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba and the Assistant Staff Civil Engineer for the Naval Station, San Diego, CA. Also, I have done overseas tours in Denmark, Italy, and Bosnia. In the process, I have gained experience in leadership, facilities management and law enforcement. Also, I have experience in working with a great variety of people.
- Experience in working in HOAs. Previously, I served on the Board of Directors of Eton Square in Kingstowne, VA and then I served on the Board of Trustees of Kingstowne.
- Local small business owner. My wife and I have a home-based web design business, DITT~Inc. We maintain the official web site for the Bull Run Mountain Civic Association in Haymarket, VA plus three local news web sites include one which provides news on Southbridge.
- Educational background: BA in Political Science and History from Marquette University, Congressional Intern under former US Senator Bob Kasten. MA in Information Resources Management from Webster University. Graduate of the U. S. Naval War College.
- Experience in education as a former Computer Science Instructor for the University of Maryland and the City College of Chicago.
I would appreciate you vote. Thank you in advance.